There has been an abundance of enthusiasm for a new School for Civil Society. It’s clear that many people have opinions about what this school can be.
Could you share 3 points or phrases that capture your perspective on Civil Society…
1. Engaged citizens
2. Active and dynamic democracy
3. Social justice: locally, nationally, globally
Civil Society’s Three “Eyes”
2. Innovative (technologically and institutionally)
1. Local Capacity Building
-Even if work is done internationally, nationally, it provides solutions that are effective at whichever level it is working at
2. Innovative solutions
-Driving solutions to problems that markets and government cannot handle, or cannot handle alone.
3. Blurry Definition
-Groups working in “civil society” often engage in charitable works, social enterprise and/or advocacy. It is sometimes difficult to tell a charity from civil society.
1. Sustainable society (globally)
2. One that addresses and creates new models in the following 5 areas: Environment, community impact, human rights, corporate governance, and trade.
3. Brings business into the conversation as a power for positive change.
You must be logged in to post a comment.