There has been an abundance of enthusiasm for a new School for Civil Society. It’s clear that many people have opinions about what this school can be.
From your perspective, identify up to 3 critical events that you think might happen in the next 5-10 years that will impact society.
Probably more of a 10 to 15 year view …
1. Global consumerism in its current state is unsustainable and the need for resources to meet the demand will have serious consequences for all societies.
2. Pervasive global communication is impacting cultures around the globe and influencing how the next generation see the world. This change will create tensions with national identities.
3. Multiculturalism is based on the premise of equality and fair treatment of cultural differences. However, many national proponents multiculturalism have become opponents based on fear. The future of multiculturalism is going to be decided by the ability of a dominant segment of society to be able and willing to change based on designs of smaller segments of society.
1. Continued economic stagnation and high unemployment/under-employment, especially for youth.
2. Increasing and more noticeable economic and social impacts from environmental degradation and climate change.
3. The collapse of pension systems for retired workers.
1. FIrst Nations find common ground, unite globally and locally and push governments to respond to dealing with their issues; FIrst Nations role in societies that have them will change.
2. Food Crisis (or many)
3. Known as “age of deconstruction”.
4. Age of Entrepreneurship where more people will be self employed or owning/operating private enterprises than work for corporations.
5. China will replace US as economic power.
You must be logged in to post a comment.